You can use the various software features provided to you by using an HPE license. One of these software features is the ability to use “HPE OneView” software, which can provide you with useful features and capabilities.
Using HPE Oneview software, you can use a centralized console to monitor the status of the entire network, including servers and storage equipment. As you may know, in recent years this software has replaced the “HP System Insight Manager” software. Note that to activate various functions on the HPE OneView, specific HPE License types would be required.
For example, if you use a Blade server in your infrastructure, using HPE OneView can be very helpful on the network, as it can manage all of them simultaneously, so you can save time and money.
History of HPE Oneview software
According to HP Company, HPE Oneview software is the product of 4 years of research in network management and monitoring. This software is also designed according to the request of 30 large customers of HP Company and they have used their customer’s suggestions and needs to produce this software.
It should be noted that HP introduced this software in 2013 at the annual “HPE Discover” conference. With this software, the health status of the network devices can be monitored, the existing servers can be divided into different groups, and the communication status between them can also be traced.
HPE OneView Features
This software is a virtual machine and does not depend on a specific operating system. The benefits that this software offers to the network are as follows:
- Reduce IT costs
- Manage firmware and update them
- View the health status of devices in the network
- Manage Blade Enclosures and logical communication between servers
- Draw a connection map of servers and their equipment with each other
- Ability to group servers and create different and custom profiles for them
- Open source software that makes it easy to integrate with other software in the field of network management
- Centralized and integrated management console, also simplifies and automates IT tasks in organizations
- Powerful search ability to find servers
- This program manages the server life cycle.
- Tight integration with HPE products that facilitates and accelerates expansion.
- Supports the RESTful API and allows a message bus to write scripts to automate tasks and integrate with third-party tools and devices.
- Provides access to software development kits, Windows PowerShell, and Python libraries.
- Supports virtualization.
- By providing this software, it is possible to receive server profiles and create templates through which it is possible to provide storage, computing and network space in the future.
- Easy integration with other converged management tools including VMware, Microsoft and Red Hat products.
- View all data center resources and how to connect them through one page
- User interface features that are similar to popular commercial applications